Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, United Kingdom
04 Oct 2018 - 04 Oct 2018
Fellow/Member - £495, Non Member - £550
This course is the first of its kind in the United Kingdom dedicated only to Nasal Tip Rhinoplasty. Suitable for Consultants and senior trainees in ENT, maxillofacial and plastic surgery it will focus on surgical techniques in the management of nasal tip deformities.
The first day of the course gives hands-on dissection training of various tip plasty techniques, using fresh frozen cadavers – with one cadaver per delegate. The second day will offer post course discussion. Participants will learn how to assess nasal tip deformities and formulate a surgical algorithm to manage them.
Didactic discussions will allow detailed discussion around various problems encountered and the opportunity to learn from the experience of the faculty.
On completion of the course delegates should be able to :
- Relate the nasal tip deformity to the underlying nasal anatomy
- Identify the correct tools and techniques available and be able to formulate an algorithm to correct the deformities
- Have practiced the various techniques under guidance from experts in the field
The course module will include:
- Normal nasal tip anatomy and tip dynamics
- Nasal tip deformities
- Nasal tip assessment and formulating an algorithm – “Game plan”
- Open approach dissection
- Cephalic trim of LLC
- Tip sutures
- Tip grafts
- Non-suture/non-grafting techniques
- Flap closure