New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai 310 East 14th Street, MY, NY 10003, United States
26 Sep 2020 - 26 Sep 2020
This ZOOM course is intended for practicing otolaryngologists, neurotologists, pediatric otolaryngologists, fellows and otolaryngology residents in training with a range of experience in middle ear surgery who would like to begin, expand or refine their skills in endoscopic ear surgery.
The course provides didactic experience in the state-of-the-art techniques and applications of endoscopic ear surgery (EES) and will cover current surgical techniques, equipment and instrumentation, anatomy and pathology of the temporal bone, surgical outcomes and future directions of endoscopic ear surgery. Course material will be appropriate for both novice and advanced endoscopic ear surgeons.
Topics to be presented:
- Introduction to Endoscopic Ear Surgery
- Powered and Non-powered TEES – Challenges & Solutions in the Era of COVID-19
- Transcanal endoscopic anatomy of the ear and surgical approaches
- Revision Surgery on Otoclerosis
- EES Pediatric Application
- Endoscopic Approach to Cholesteatoma: Pearls and Case Examples
- EES Tympanoplasty
- Endoscopic stapes surgery: From Simple to Complex
- Critiquing my Endoscopic Mistakes
- Eustachian Tube Balloon
- Middle Ear Tumors/Masses