The Academy, Holiday Inn Guildford, UK
11 Sep 2017 - 15 Sep 2017
The Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Therapy Masterclass will be in Guildford (11-15 September 2017). The course booklet is accessible via the link below:
The UK-based Masterclasses have been endorsed for 40 CPD points by Audiology Australia (AA), 30 points by the British Academy of Audiology (BAA) and the British Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists (BSHAA). The Europe-based Masterclasses have been endorsed for 27 points by AA, and 18 points by the BAA & BSHAA.
These original “hands-on” masterclasses offer a fantastic opportunity for audiologists, otolaryngologists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and hearing aid professionals in order to extend their scope of practice in offering specialist rehabilitative approaches for management of tinnitus and hyperacusis in children and adults.
The topics are listed below:
- Tinnitus and hyperacusis assessment and rehabilitation
- Paediatric tinnitus and hyperacusis rehabilitation
- Specialist cognitive behavioural therapy focused on tinnitus and hyperacusis management
- Evidence-based practice
- Service development
- Guideline for onward referral
- Management of a tinnitus & hyperacusis rehabilitation service
- Neuromodulation for tinnitus treatment
- Advances in neurobiology of tinnitus and hyperacusis
- Syndromic tinnitus
Course director: Dr. Hashir Aazh, Royal Surrey County Hospital, UK
Guest speakers: Professor Deborah Hall (University of Nottingham, UK), Mr. Don McFerran (Colchester Hospital, UK), Professor Brian C.J. Moore (Cambridge University, UK), Dr Veronica Kennedy (Royal Bolton Hospital, UK), and many more.
In addition, the masterclasses are complemented with the opportunity to receive post-course support and clinical supervision.