Cuschieri Skills Centre, University of Dundee, UK
26 May 2017 - 26 May 2017
(for ST years 3-8)
This course of dissection aims to build on core skills and provide training in some of the more challenging aspects of endoscopic sinus surgery, including those necessary for emergency safe practice and those necessary for dealing with complications of endoscopic ethmoidectomy. We aim to provide trainees with a chance to develop competency at managing rhinological emergencies and the acute complications of FESS such as orbital haematoma and csf leak.
- competency based approach to surgery
- facility provides individual work stations equipped to a high level
- structured curriculum
Gain understanding and experience in:
- Posterior ethmoid and sphenoid anatomy
- Surgical approaches for dealing with epistaxis
- Intra-operative management of ESS complications
- Emergency orbital decompression surgery
- Frontal recess anatomy
- Repair and anterior skull base CSF leak
£175 for Scottish based attendees / £275 for attendees based out with Scotland
The University of Dundee is currently the leading centre in the UK using Thiel embalmed cadavers, thanks to the pioneering work of its Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID).