St. Mary's Hospital, London, UK
06 May 2017 - 06 May 2017
This one day introductory course is suitable for physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, doctors and other health professionals wishing to learn how to successfully assess and treat the dizzy patient. The course is practical in nature, evidence based and fully referenced. A mix of theory lectures and practical sessions make up the 7 hours of contact time.
Participants completing this course will gain a greater understanding of the anatomy, biomechanics, assessment and evidence-based treatment of this interesting and complicated subject.
On completion, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the scale of the problems associated with dizziness and recognise the need for vestibular assessment
- Recognise peripheral from central vestibular disorders and other serious pathology
- Incorporate a basic vestibular examination into their usual neuromusculoskeletal assessments
- Identify common vestibular pathologies and plan appropriate rehab programmes
- Diagnose and treat common variant positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Integrate vestibular treatment with Spinal Manipulative Therapy