Cuschieri Skills Centre, University of Dundee, UK
21 Oct 2016 - 21 Oct 2016
(for SpR years 2 -6)
This one-day course held in the Cuschieri Skills Centre, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee provides, a competency based approach to facial skin cancer tumour resection and reconstruction with grafts and local skin flaps.
Course faculty drawn from Consultant Plastic Surgeons, Maxillo-facial Surgeons and ENT Surgeons.
A series of structured exercises have been devised so that trainees can complete a variety facial soft tissue surgery simulations based on the more common skin flap procedures encountered. Opportunity for individual cadaver based dissection in the following will be covered:
Gain experience by simulating:
- Full Thickness Skin Graft and composite grafts
- Random Flaps I: Advancement and Transposition Flaps
- Random Flaps II: Rhomboid Flap, Bilobed Flap, Rotation Flap
- Island Pedicled Flaps
- Total Nasal Reconstruction and the Paramedian Forehead Flap
- Pinna Reconstruction
The course provides
- instruction in the use of instrumentation
- “hands on” practical anatomical and surgical skills experience using cadavers
- evidence of skills training and competency
- progress feedback incorporated into RITAs.
£175 for Scottish based ENT attendees / £275 for attendees based out with Scotland