Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel, Vancouver, Canada
18 Sep 2016 - 22 Sep 2016
As conference co-chairs of WCA 2016, the XXXIII World Congress of Audiology to be held in Vancouver, Canada in September 2016, we are delighted to welcome you to join us! We are excited to share some of the highlights of the congress as well as what you and your family can look forward to experiencing when you come to WCA 2016.
Vancouver, the most beautiful of Canadian cities, combines spectacular nature with lively urban life. The city is lined with ocean beaches and surrounded by mountains, with many accessible parks and forest trails within walking distance of the WCA 2016 site. It is a safe and multi-cultural city with amazing restaurants and a wide variety of cultural attractions. Beyond Vancouver, within several hours, you can be whale watching on the Pacific Ocean, skiing on glaciers at Whistler Mountain where the 2010 Winter Olympics were held, or even sampling wine in the famous Okanagan Valley in the interior of British Columbia.
WCA 2016 will feature many other timely and relevant themes spanning research and practice in audiology. The program will include:
- Plenary roundtable sessions
- An exhibition and opportunities to learn about the latest advances in the hearing industry.
- Pre-conference workshops will be offered that feature a range of cutting edge topics.
- Networking opportunities and interactions amongst delegates from many countries
- Special sessions designed to include students and those from related disciplines and professions
- Social events
WCA 2016 is a joint effort by Canada’s two national audiology associations – the Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA) and Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC), formerly the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
We look forward to welcoming you to Canada!