Cuschieri Skills Centre, Ninewells Hospital
02 Nov 2015 - 02 Nov 2015
This one-day course held in the Cuschieri Skills Centre, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee provides, to a maximum of 8 ENT surgical trainees, a competency based approach to emergency safe neck surgery.
A series of structured exercises have been devised so that trainees can complete a variety neck surgery simulations based on the more common neck emergencies encountered in otolaryngology.
Gain experience in management by simulation of:
- Stab wounds to the neck,
- Emergency neck surgery for epistaxis,
- Emergency neck surgery for neck space infection,
- Emergency surgery for laryngeal trauma
- Including laryngotracheal separation and tracheostomy.
The SAC recommends that each surgical trainee attends at least 2 training days per year. Individuals based outwith Scotland must book and pay for 2 courses in advance.
INDIVIDUAL WORKSTATION HANDS ON TRAINING
The course provides:
- instruction in the use of instrumentation
- “hands on” practical anatomical and surgical skills experience using cadavers
- personal tuition from experienced otolaryngologists
- evidence of skills training and competency
- progress feedback incorporated into RITAs.
£150 for Scottish based attendees / £250 for attendees based out with Scotland