Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, UK
20 May 2015 - 22 May 2015
Join us for the 29th European Tinnitus Course on the management of Tinnitus and Hyperacusis, where you’ll learn from industry leaders, including:
- David Baguley, Consultant Clinical Scientist at Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Don McFerran, Consultant ENT Surgeon at Essex County Hospital
- Laurence McKenna, Clinical Psychologist at Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital
- Marc Fagelson, Professor and Director of Audiology at East Tennessee State University
- Tobias Kleinjung, Associate Professor of Otorhinolaryngology at the University of Ragensburg
- Alan Palmer, Special Professor of Neuroscience and Assistant Director of the MRC Institute of Hearing Research
- Rosie Kentish, Consultant Clinical Psychologist at RNTNE Hospital
- Lucy Handscomb, UCL Ear Institute
With about 10% of the population suffering from tinnitus, we’ll provide you with an advanced understanding of consequences, assessment and management of this distressing condition. Delivered face-to-face in consecutive days, we’ll cover concepts and management of tinnitus and hyperacusis, as well as information from a number of perspectives, including audiological, psychological, otological and neuroscience.
Topics will include: the psychological effects of tinnitus, medical assessment of tinnitus patients, drug treatment of tinnitus, sound therapy for tinnitus, psychological treatment of tinnitus and treatment of tinnitus in children. You’ll learn through lectures, workshops and discussions, equipment demonstrations and network during social activities.